You tend to have more Yang characteristics than Yin characteristics. To establish more of a balance, it is advised to cultivate more relaxation and gentleness by engaging in some of the following suggestions. When we have a good balance of yin and yang, we tend to have good digestion, are motivated, patient, and we have a strong sense of inner courage and confidence that enables us to relax into ourselves and go with the flow.
To generate more Yin:
– Avoid eating too many hot and spicy foods
– Drink more green tea and lemon water. Avoid or reduce coffee and alcohol
– In the evening train yourself to switch off (5pm onwards). Listen to relaxing music, cook, read a book, journal, get creative
– Gentle Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi, Qi Gong
– Avoid over committing yourself. Give yourself more free time to chill out
– Get to bed before 11pm.
– Try amino acid supplements like Theanine, GABA, 5-HTP or Tryptophan
– Relax into it, let go of control – Trust the Universe!
More information about Yin and Yang can be found in my book “The Yin and Yang Lifestyle Guide.” Available now on Amazon.
For more information regarding similar topics be sure to sign up to my updates below.